Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Crock pot roast

3 packet Pot Roast


I love my crockpot. It is so great to be able to cook something without turning your oven on . My husband is typical Irish, loves his meat and potatoes and not much else, so you can see how my hands are somewhat tied when it comes to making new things in our house. I found this recipe over at Pioneer Woman, no, it is not her recipe, but she had a contest last year and it is one of the responses that I thought my husband would like. I finally got aroiund to making it and it is to die for. He loved it soooo much. The meat is fork tender and it makes a wonderful gravy and embarassingly enough it only contains 5 ingredients. Here are 4 of them...




3 Packet Crockpot Pot Roast


1 beef roast, any kind, sized to fit your crockpot
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
1 package brown gravy mix, I used Lawrys
1 package Italian dressing mix, I used Good Seasons
1/2 cup very warm water



Directions:

Place roast in crockpot. In a bowl combine the envelopes of mixes together.


Sprinkle on top of the roast, I rubbed it in all over..



Pour in 1/2 cup warm water. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.

I broke the cardinal rule, I opened the crockpot to get a picture for you guys. This had about 2 1/2 hours left to go. Some rules are made to be broken!!!!!


Here it is after 7 hours, it smelled so good. My husband was practically drooling, but honestly, it doesnt take much to have that happen. Sorry, honey, the truth is the truth.


The meat is so tender.







For the gravy, just pour the liquid from your crockpot into a sauce pan and bring to a boil. I usually thicken with a cornsatrch slurry. Some cornstarch mixed with cold water. Make sure the drippings are boiling before you add the cold water mix. Makes a delicious gravy. I usually always serve this with buttered noodles. It is a favorite in my house and its great to pour the gravy over everything. Mashed potatoes would be awesome with this. I would defiantely serve this for company as well. It's that good. It's nice to have a recipe that doesnt call for the most expensive cut of meat, either.


1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. Looks yummy!