Thursday, August 27, 2009

The First Friday's Featured Artist



My very first FFA Robyn Correa!!




Robyn was kind enough to let us take a glimpse into her life.

Could you tell us a little about yourself ? I am married to my high school sweetheart, and on September 4, we will celebrate 17 years of marriage. I am a stay-at-home mom of 3 wonderful children ages 15, 13, and 10. I am very active and involved in my church. I previously worked at our church's Christian school as the secretary, but we have home schooled our children most of their lives. This keeps me super busy, but I try to spend a little "me" time each day in my craft room. I am thankful for a very supportive husband who encourages my love of paper-crafts.

Do you do any other art besides paper-crafts? I have done some crocheting and cross-stitch, but it's been a while since I've done any other crafting besides stamping.
How did you get involved in Stampin' Up!? I purchased my first Stampin' Up! stamp set about 12 years ago from a catalog party a friend had, but I really never went anywhere with it. I stamped here and there, and had a few stamps from larger box-type stores but I could take it or leave it. Then, during Sale-a-bration 2008, I was invited to a workshop. I went just to be supportive of my friend...and I had a fantastic time. A few months later, I had my own workshop and knew I was smitten with it. I signed up to be a demonstrator 1 week later. That was June 10, 2008. I have loved every moment of it since.

What is your favorite technique? Oh, there are SO many! I would have to narrow it down to the Mosaic technique though; since I not only enjoy the effect on my completed projects, I also love to make use of even the smallest of scrap pieces of paper, especially when it comes to our beautiful Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper.
Do you sell your art? No, I don't think that is something I want to get into. I create so that I can give. I enjoy sending a lot of cards and gifts. You never know what a handmade card in the mail will do for someone who is going through a tough time. Then, of course, there are birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, showers, etc. that keep me busy creating as well. If I started selling them, I don't think it would be as relaxing as it is now. I may change my mind someday, but I like it the way it is for now. I did actually open an ETSY account, but I've not used it.

What would you tell a new stamper on getting started? Look for inspiration everywhere, but don't feel overwhelmed because there is so much to learn. Just enjoy stamping! This is an area that I struggled with...I thought I had to make cards just as good as the person who has been stamping 10+ years. It dawned on me one day, that they started off just like me. Its okay to create not-so-perfect cards, they are handmade. :o) Improvement comes with time, the main thing is to just have fun.
Catch more of Robyn's art at: http://www.injoystampin.com

1 comment:

lisa808 said...

Lovely work Robyn.